Bachkovo monastery is the second largest monastery in Bulgaria. It is beautifully sit...
1. Allegedly the oldest continuously inhabited city in Europe; and also one of the oldest cities in the World - Plovdiv is contemporary of ancient Troy and Mycenae still standing proudly by the 7 hills;
2. The rich cultural heritage which cumulated for 8 millennia - sites like the Roman Stadium in the heart of the city; the Ancient Theatre - one of the best preserved in the World; Roman mosaics in the Small Basilica and the Old Town of Plovdiv with its splendid Bulgarian Revival-style wooden-frame houses dating back to 18th and 19th c;
3. The warmth and hospitable people - hanging around with locals will surely immerse you in the great, carefree atmosphere of Plovdiv;
4. "Kapana" district - the area in the city centre dedicated to the creative industries;
5. Cultural calendar - Plovdiv presents its touch of art & history.
6. Outdoor activities - whether it's visiting the sports base near the Rowing Canal, climbing on top of one of the hills, or enjoying a walk in one of the parks. Plovdiv has it!
Chudnite Mostove (The Wonderful Bridges) is a rock phenomenon also known as the Skaln...
The Thracian Temple Complex in the Chetinyovata Mogila, at a distance of 4km from the...
The town of Hisarya is situated in Central Bulgaria, 40 km north of Plovdiv and appro...
Asen's Fortress is the most interesting and most often visited tourist attraction in ...